//=$og_width;?> //=$og_height;?>

Available
50
Discount
50%
Value
$25
In August 2010, Bill Fromholzer Jr. (a.k.a. Billy from Philly) opened The Original Steaks & Hoagies in Twinsburg, Ohio–and introduced authentic Philly Cheesesteaks and Hoagies to Northeast Ohio. The Hoagie also originated in South Philly. An exact date is unknown, however, a Philly newspaper reported in 1953 that Italians working at the Naval Shipyard on Hog Island brought sandwiches to work stuffed with Italian meats, cheeses, & lettuce between 2 slices of bread. It became known as a "Hog Island Sandwich", then shortened to "Hoggies".